Although PlusSpec comes loaded with a wide variety of beams to choose from, sometimes the need to create custom beams arises.
This process is similar to creating materials, and the following steps will help you achieve what you need;
1. Open the PlusSpec Beam Tool, and select the correct category/profile you wish to use.
2. Click the 'Create/Manage' button under the material field.
3. Fill in the info/details, upload an image (this will be used as the texture) and adjust the fields in the image below according to the profile of the beam.
4. Click the 'CREATE MATERIAL FROM TEMPLATE' button at the bottom of the page.
4. Go back to SketchUp and select the PlusSpec Sync Tool and let the sync complete.
Note: Instead of syncing, PC/Windows users also have the ability to drag-and-drop the material back into the dialog into the section that says "Drop Your Dragged Material Here' (this appears under the material field).
5. The material should then appear in the material field and be selected. If it doesn't, close and open the dialog and it should appear.
For further information, click HERE to read our Blog Guide on how to make your own Materials/products with PlusSpec.
We are constantly updating and improving PlusSpec! All previous updates can be found at our Release Notes. Check our newsletters each month to hear about new updates/fixes and more.